FOOTWEAR CARE GUIDELINES
Thanks you for purchasing your footwear from Brand City. Here are some tips to ensure that your shoes last longer & retain their appearance and remain comfortable to wear.
PROTECT NEW SHOES
Pre-treat your new shoes before wearing them with an appropriate protector (e.g Leather, Suede and Fabric Protectors). This will water proof and stain proof the shoes and ultimately prolong their life.
GIVE YOUR SHOES A REST
Do not wear same shoes two days in arrow as shoes can take a whole day to dry out. Perspiration build up is a major reason for material failure.
DRY YOUR WET SHOES CAREFULLY
Never put wet shoes in front of a fire or radiator as heat causes premature damage to uppers and soles. Rather let them dry naturally at room temperature and stuff them with clean paper to maintain their shape and fit.
RIGHT WAY TO CLEAN SHOES
- Leather is a natural material and need regular care.
- If soiled, allow the mud to dry first before cleaning.
- Remove the mud with a blunt instrument and dab off the remaining dirty with a clean damp cloth.
- Apply a quality shoes cream or wax polish to clean the leather uppers.
- Buff with a clean dry cloth or soft bristle brush.
Nubuck and Suede Shoes
- Frequent use of stain / water protector will maintain the appearance.
- Does not use a wire brush as this damage the surface.
- Clean with either a stiff nylon or hard rubber brush.
- To remove stains, rub carefully using either soapy water or as suede shampoo.
- Expect a slight color change.
- Avoid wearing in wet and muddily conditions.
- To clean, only use specialized cleaning products or soapy water.
- Test the cleaning product on a small area of the shoe first.